WELCOME TO OXYMED - TIER 2 HYPERBARIC OXYGEN
Tier 2 is the use of 100% Oxygen at pressures greater than 1.4 ATA and up to 2.4 ATA.
* Typically most medical conditions are treated at pressures between 1.5-2.0 ATA
** Tier 3 applications are hospital based treating 'emergency medical conditions' at pressures greater than 2.8-3.0 ATA.
OXYMED CORPORATE, CLINICAL & TRAINING
643 Chapel Street South Yarra, Victoria, Australia
T: +61 3 9826 9898 M: +614000 44 9 55
OXYMED is committed to impacting global change with priority and focus on "rejuvenation, wellness and anti-aging".
* "The solution of today requires the thinking of tomorrow" (Einstein).
** "The cost to fix something that is broken is considerably greater than the cost to keep it working".
Individuals living with complex disability also "desire" a better quality of life.
OXYMED provides innovative approaches include SPECT functional brain imaging coupled with DNA testing and specific gene expression Cytokine Bio-Marker blood testing to monitor your health and the benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.
* Over 70-conditions are internationally recognised and treated using HBOT, and often combined with traditional orthodox approaches to enhance the patient outcome.
The OXYMED website is a 'clinical knowledge based' website with purpose:
- To advance the beneficial effects of HBOT within the field of integrative medicine while maintaining the highest standards of safety.
- To encourage the acceptance and growth of International Accepted Indications (2.0 ATA) allowing greater access to treatment thereby improving quality of life.
- To enhance an international forum of physicians and scientists to advance the field of clinical hyperbaric medicine.
If the criteria for all of medicine to provide "high level evidence," then most of clinical medical, services and surgery under Medicare would be abandoned. Large patient cohorts subjected to randomised clinical trials with double blinded crossovers are the "gold standard" for pharmaceutical drugs aimed at the incentified markets. However there are many drugs targeting the masses under "public health policy" that do not satisfy "high level evidence". Cherry picking the evidence is common practise.
* This approach may have worked for you in the past, however if your health situation has continued to progressively deteriorate then you may have to think outside the box.
Disruptive Healthcare - OXYMED BioHacking
Is Australia the modern day 'Gallipoli' of the global Pharmaceutical Drug Model?
Disruptive Healthcare will transform the existing drug model.
- Maintaining a sick community is a "dying priority".
- People want to keep alive and live life with minimal breakdown.
- People do not intentionally want to develop cancer or other autoimmune disease.
- However the thinking of the future is required to avoid the health challenges confronting today's society.
So who is really behind the right of an individual to choose the best form of treatment and care?
* Are you, or for that matter am I in control of our destiny? Perhaps if we get back to basics meaning clean healthy living and a clean mind and spirit to others then as we change, the world also changes.
Inspirational dissatisfaction drives us as individuals to accomplish what often seems to be the impossible.
- Challenges cause us to rise and overcome the obstacles or alternatively we give up, sit back and accept the standards that are projected on us and ultimately take what life dictates.
- Miracles just don’t happen unless they are from God above.
* 'The world we lived in the past has created the problems of today, But to solve today’s problems requires the thinking of tomorrow' (Einstein).
Malcolm Hooper is a Past International Executive Director Hyperbaric Medicine International (HMI), formerly International Hyperbaric Medical Association (IHMA). He is Vice President of International Relations, International Hyperbaric Medical Foundation (IHMF).
* Malcolm Hooper is an 'influencer', founder and clinical director of OXYMED Australia (formerly HyperMED) where during some twenty five years, he gained international renown for providing the wider ‘off-label’ applications of Hyperbaric Oxygenation.
Malcolm is a dynamic and entertaining speaker, author and clinician having journeyed the ‘road less travelled’.
In 1983, Hooper’s humble beginnings were as a chiropractor with Masters research qualification in neuro-acupuncture. Three years later, Hooper established a multidisciplinary clinic known as the Spinal Rehabilitation Group, integrating orthodox medical and allied treatment approaches. The successful medico-legal clinic was supported by a team of 13 doctors and specialists of various disciplines.
Then, in 1993, tragedy struck the Hooper family when their 18-month old daughter fell into a smouldering ash fire and suffered third degree burns. It was during this period that he became acquainted with the use of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for treating burns and other neurologic disorders.
In 1996, Hooper incorporated the use of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy into the multidisciplinary rehabilitation model with focus on orthopaedic and neurological disorders. The reputation of the clinic grew, especially in 1999 when a quadriplegic patient gained significant functional changes whilst undertaking HBOT. This was a remarkable breakthrough as this individual was 7-years post injury and classified as “C7 complete”.
This took Hooper on the path of utilising Body Weight Support innovations to promote the evergreen concept of ‘neuroplasticity’. In 2006, he introduced Australia’s first “LOKOMAT” – Adult and Paediatric Robotic Gait Assisted Walking Machine.
* The LOKOMAT proved to be revolutionary in the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders and as a pioneering first, combining the effects of LOKOMAT with the benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygen in the treatment of chronic brain and spinal cord injury.
** Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy enhances stem cell mobilisation and the immune modulatory effects on cytokine functions. The ‘penumbra state’ describes cells and neural pathways in a ‘dormant’ low metabolic state due to hypoxia. The effects of HBOT when combined with LOKOMAT repetitive gait assisted movement enhances neuroplasticity and functional changes.
*** In Australia, the combination approach of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and LOKOMAT are viewed as “novel and unique”. Hooper has not practiced as a “traditional chiropractor” for over 25 years.
The purpose of my life is to be 'complete', to live in God's Grace and Blessing, to lift the 'Spirit of Humanity' for myself and others. I am passionate with the vision that people of all nations will gain the opportunity to access the abundant benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygenation – ‘the cornerstone of HealthCare in the modern era’. Malcolm R. Hooper International Speaker, Author, Clinical Director, Founder (2018)
'The human frame is Oxygen dependent. We all require Oxygen to survive, enhance our performance, accelerate our recovery and to promote our vision of the future'. (Hooper 2014)
'Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is not magic: it is simply the behavior of a molecule in a milieu outside of 'normal' human experience'. (George Mychaskiw Department of Anesthesiology Drexel University College of Medicine Philadelphia USA)
Dare Mighty Things:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly …"
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt - 26th President of the U.S. and winner of 1906 Nobel Peace Prize)