CLIENT ADMISSIONS - OXYMED HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPY TIER 2
OXYMED provides Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy at Tier 2
100% 02 at higher pressures 1.4-2.0 ATA
- You cannot smoke whilst inside a HBOT chamber
- You will be required to wear appropriate clothing preferably made out of 100% cotton
- You will be provided disposable gown, hat and feet covers; or hospital scrubs
- You will be required to purchase your own mask and tubing
- You are required to minimise makeup, hair oil, hair spray etc – no heavy make-up
- You are required to minimize jewellery - take off your watch, necklace and wrist bracelets etc
- You cannot take inside the chamber mobile phones or electronic games
- You are to minimise unnecessary items inside the chamber – remember another patient follows after you
- You must eat before and after chamber sessions – your body is physiologically working and requires fuel
Please review - Patient Handbook & Safety Requirements
1. Please send a detailed EMAIL about your condition and include:
- Current and past conditions (please be comprehensive)?
- Past treatments including successes and or complications?
- List of past and current drugs?
- Any possible drug side effects or complications?
- If you are request HBOT for your child please provide a list of the vaccination schedule received.
* Did you observe any possible reactions or decline in the child's development ie 18-24 months of age?
- List of your current supplements?
- Your specific health objectives?
- Any other matters or concerns that you may have?
2. Please print and complete the following:
3. Additional Forms (as directed by OXYMED)
4. Cytokine Blood Panel
- Cytokines are chemical messengers that 'orchestrate' the immune system and also play a role as neuromodulators.
- They can be defined as either pro-inflammatory or anti-inflammatory.
- Cytokine imbalances are known to be involved in autoimmune disorders, atopic conditions as well as neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Cytokines are signalling proteins and glycoproteins that mediate and regular immunity, inflammation and hematopoiesis.
- They are also involved in cell growth and differentiation, cell death, angiogenesis, normal development and neuromodulations.
* Cytokine Profile Testing is directed when commencing HBOT for a specific health need. Re-testing is again undertaken at interval ie 60-hours of HBOT and again at 120 hours HBOT based on the complexity of the individual patient attending.
The Sagol Hyperbaric Centre - Professor Shai Efrati
* OXYMED is aligned with the clinical protocols and conditions as published by the world leading Sagol Hyperbaric Medicine, Israel and Prof Shai Efrati.
The Sagol Hyperbaric Centre is the world's largest clinical research facility with over 150 - 200 neurological patients attending daily.
In excess of 70% of the patients attending the Sagol Center for Hyperbaric Medicine receive HBOT for a range of neurologic conditions including stroke, fibromyalgia, dementia, cognitive decline and other neurodegenerative disorders including brain and organ anti-aging rejuvenation.
* The Sagol Hyperbaric treatment protocols are very specific to the condition and disorder. Typically patients attend for daily HBOT with the initial treatment period over 3-months ie 60 two hour sessions (120-hours).
Professor Shai Efrati, MD, is the Director of the Sagol center for hyperbaric medicine and research at Assaf-Harofeh Medical Center in Israel. The center, under Prof. Efrati management, has become the largest most occupied hyperbaric center worldwide, currently treating more than 150 patients per day. Prof. Efrati is also the director of Research & Development of Assaf-Harofeh Medical center, affiliated to Tel-Aviv University. Taking the two passions/positions together Dr. Efrati has initiated a research program focusing on the neuroplasticity (regeneration of brain tissue) of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). In the first clinical studies, it was proved that HBOT can induce neuroplasticity in post stroke and Traumatic Brain Injury even years after the acute insult. The important clinical results gained from the research program have led to fruitful cooperation including multi discipline team focusing on regeneration of injured brain.
Harefuah. 2018 May;157(5):322-326.
[HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPY- BASICS AND NEW APPLICATIONS].
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) serves as primary or adjunctive therapy for a diverse range of medical conditions. The indication for HBOT can be related to either pressure (decompression sickness or air emboli) or tissue hypoxia.
It is now realized, that the combined action of hyperoxia and hyperbaric pressure, leads to significant improvement in tissue oxygenation while targeting both oxygen and pressure sensitive genes, resulting in improved mitochondrial metabolism with anti-apoptotic and anti-inflammatory effects.
Clinical studies published in recent year's present convincing evidence that HBOT can be the coveted neurotherapeutic method for brain repair.
Here we discuss the multi-faceted role of HBOT in wound care in general and in neurotherapeutics in detail.
The recent evidence for HBOT efficacy in brain repair and the new understanding of brain energy management and response to damage opens new therapeutically fields that will be further investigated in the upcoming years.